Covid-19 Testing in St. Charles, IL
Physicians Express is providing Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing. We Are Conveniently Located at 2000 W. Main St. Suite M St. Charles, IL 60174.
Currently, COVID-19 testing is by appointment only
COVID testing Information:
- All COVID testing requires a visit with our provider.
- All COVID testing is by appointment only due to limited supplies.
- We are NOT a state-run testing facility for just COVID testing.
What type of test do you offer?
We currently offer:
- Rapid: Sofia TIA Antigen test (results in 15-20 mins) >Age 4
- Rapid test is not a nucleic acid test.
- RT-PCR (Nucleic acid test) sent to lab (results within 1-3 days)
- For Elective surgical patients
- For Travel patient (must provide proof from airline or consulate)
- Special circumstances (college, first responders)
- Must provide proof of PCR testing.
- Will be used for negative rapid test if supplies available.
- Antibody testing: IgG antibody blood testing for immunity
- Recommend 6-8 weeks after suspected infection.
- This test will evaluate if you have made antibodies to COVID-19
- Typically, these antibodies may offer you immunity for months
- You may consider donating plasma if you are positive for these antibodies.
Who can get the COVID test?
COVID-19 tests can be administered to:
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers and first responders
- Exposed patients deemed at risk by our providers
- Asymptomatic patients will be determined on a case by case basis.
- If you are not experiencing symptoms, please wait at least 3-5 days from the time of exposure to be tested, sooner if any symptoms start. This will provide the most accurate results.
COVID-19 exam and testing appointments:
- Appointments become available 8am, 2 days in advance.
- We apologize if we cannot get everyone evaluated due to the high volumes.
- We do have cancellations, call day of visit to be placed on a limited list.
Day of visit
Office visit details:
- Please wear face mask and stay socially distant.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- You will check in at the registration desk.
- Bring your insurance card and a valid ID.
- You will need to store a credit card on file (secure) or give a $250 deposit.
- Credit card will not be charged until insurance processing.
- Once registered you can wait in waiting room or your car (pager used)
- You will be evaluated by a provider and appropriate testing will be done.
- We use the Sofia TIA antigen rapid test: results in 15-20 mins.
- Testing supplies are limited.
What is the cost of a COVID-19 Test?
We will always try to bill your insurance if we are in network. However, we recommend you contact your insurance carrier for exact pricing because it may vary depending on your plan.
- Provider evaluation $145
- Rapid Sofia TIA COVID Antigen test $60
- RT-PCR test $140
- NOTE: We cannot submit to your insurance once you are self-pay.
- We are NOT a state-run testing facility, we are a medical clinic, and a visit with our provider is required for all evaluations and testing.