Covid-19 Testing Questions and Answers
Come to Physicians Express to receive your rapid COVID-19 test. Our professional and courteous staff also provide antibody testing and help you to get the answers you need. For more information, call us today or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from St. Charles IL, Geneva IL, Batavia IL, South Elgin IL, West Chicago IL, North Aurora IL, Winfield IL, Bartlett IL, and Elgin IL.
Currently, COVID-19 testing is by appointment only
COVID testing Information:
- All COVID testing requires a visit with our provider.
- All COVID testing is by appointment only due to limited supplies.
- We are NOT a state-run testing facility for just COVID testing.
What type of test do you offer?
We currently offer:
- Molecular: ID Now (Abbott Corporation)
- Rapid Molecular test detects SARS-CoV-2 RNA molecule. (results in 12-15min)
- Antigen: Sofia Rapid Antigen: (Quidel Corporation)
- TIA Antigen test (results in 15-20 mins)
- RT-PCR Laboratory test (Quest Laboratory)
- (NAAT-Nucleic acid test) sent to lab (results within 1-3 days)
- For Elective surgical patients
- For Travel patient (must provide proof from airline or consulate)
- Special circumstances (college, first responders)
- Must provide proof of PCR testing.
- Will be used for negative rapid test if supplies available.
- Blood Antibody testing: IgM/IgG antibody blood testing for immunity
- IgM usually positive 2-3 weeks after an infection or exposure.
- IgG usually positive 6-8 weeks after suspected infection.
- Typically, these antibodies may offer you immunity for months.
- You may consider donating plasma if you are positive for these antibodies.
- The presence of antibodies does not prevent you from being infectious.
Who can get the COVID test?
COVID-19 tests can be administered to:
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers and first responders
- Asymptomatic patients with exposure
- Special circumstances such as Surgery, Travel, College
- If you are not experiencing symptoms, please wait at least 3-5 days from the time of exposure to be tested, sooner if any symptoms start. This will provide the most accurate results.
COVID-19 exam and testing appointments:
- Appointments become available 8am for the following day.
- We apologize if we cannot get everyone evaluated due to the high volumes.
- We do have cancellations, please call to be placed on our waiting list.
Day of visit
Office visit details:
- Please wear face mask and stay socially distant.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please come in to check in at the registration desk.
- Bring your insurance card and a valid ID.
- You will need to store a credit card on file (secure) or give a $250 deposit.
- Credit card will not be charged until insurance processing.
- Once registered you can wait in waiting room or your car (pager used)
- You will be evaluated by a provider and appropriate testing will be done.
- When a rapid COVID test is performed, results provided during visit.
What is the cost of a COVID-19 Test?
We will always try to bill your insurance if we are in network. However, we recommend you contact your insurance carrier for exact pricing because it may vary depending on your plan.
- Provider evaluation $145
- Rapid Abbott Molecular test $100
- Rapid Sofia TIA COVID Antigen test $60
- RT-PCR test $140
- NOTE: We cannot submit to your insurance once you are self-pay.
- We are NOT a state-run testing facility, we are a medical clinic, and a visit with our provider is required for all evaluations and testing.